Monday, September 08, 2008

What does it take really?

You know, I was just reading Rene's post and it really touched me deep. Tickled all sorts of emotions I didn't know I had before in me. Lotsa people have been commenting on the emotional element in my posts. I guess it's been a really turbulent year for me. Settling down, knowing wonderful people, building beautiful relationships, self discovery, evolution in dreams and hopes and then, moving on again. The entire cycle repeats. But I truly believe that I had taken away plenty from these relationships, friendships and experiences.

So the big question Rene posed..

What does it take for a relationship to work?

Attended Pei Hsien's wedding the past weekend. It was really beautiful. One of the few weddings that I could actually feel the genuinity of the union and the pureness of the love shared. It's really quite amazing, the distance that had kept them apart and that the passion they had for one another still burns so strongly after all these years.

So, back to the question. What does it take for a girl to be loved and cherished forever?

Does she need to be pretty?

Does she need to be demure?

Does she have to be all obliging?

Does she need to constantly utter witty words to keep him entertained?

I don't know. Is love really so conditional?

Again, as Rene mentioned. All my life, I have been surrounded by smart, genuine, successful girls who are beautiful in every way possible. In fact, I have always felt a little overwhelmed being acquainted to them. I sometimes admire the perfect girls I see on the walkway, strutting their lovely heels, flipping their lustrous hair, glowing in their perfect complexions and wonder... how does it feel to be so perfect. Yet, does perfection = a successful relationship?

I know my relationships have been pretty controversial. I have my share of advice and being scolded from well- meaning friends. ( I appreciate the honestly, truly). But believe me, I believe in full commitment. I believe in sharing and sacrificing for your loved one. I believe in doing everything you can to see him happy. At the end of the day, just like anyone, I just want to be happy and be loved. :) You know, I used to think that you need to work hard to get. Even my mom tells me that. Lately, I have begun to think that being loved is not measured by how much you give.

Again, Rene's words really echos how I feel. ( I think she is really gorgeous inside out , smart and one of the nicest person in the world) . I know I'm not the prettiest yet I dont think Im the ugliest person in the world. I may not be a saint, but I'm not really the hardest person to live with. I'm not the valedictorian, but I think I do pretty well for a girl. I don't think I set such high standards or demands.

I know of girls who are so inconsiderate, so full of themselves, so undeserving yet so fortunate when it comes to being loved. So, it's not really about giving, is it? I'm still ever positive. But, bad things do happen to good people. Believe me, I have seen enough.

I'm curious really. Couples.. happy couples out there. Do please share. How do you know that he/ she is the one? What does one need/ not need to do to be loved and have faith that it'll last?

I am not complaining of not being treated right. In some ways, I have been really fortunate. Thank you, you and you for everything. I think, tough as us girls may all be, we all just want to be treated like princesses. To be cherished, respected and loved. Now, that's not too much to ask for, is it?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one can know for sure if he/she's the right one. Do not especially, be deceived by flowery words and actions when it comes to decisions to start a commitment. Take your time to think before you start another commitment,lest you fall again. If the guy's really true to you, months or even years should not be a problem! True love is a testimony of surviving endless challenges/obstacles/external influences TOGETHER!

y.i.n.n.y said...

Everyone would walk into your life and tell you.Don't jump into a commitment so soon.Learn from what is at the past.I understand when you think you found the one.It gives you a benefit of a doubt if that is the right one!Trust yourself and trust your instincts.WHen the whole wide world is against you, maybe he just happen to be THE ONE.

You don't need people to tell you or share with you on how to be loved and build faith in one.You already experience it.and how you grow from it.No relationship is perfect and you know it.

It all starts with love, commitment and trust.Remember.
Take care.Love you Lots...

H.C. Tan said...

you are absolutely right!

Anonymous said...

Hey Charng,

Take your time, but then remember also that if you never try, you never know. We often have requirements of our dream lover, but it all depends on the heart. The only thing that never lies to you is your own heart. Hahaha. Sounds corny but its true. Your eye perceive what it sees, your ears perceive what it hears...and it might be not be true. But what you feel is real.

:D

Cheers and good luck ok ?

narrowband said...

Cheers. I can't offer my views because I'm not qualified :(

RUN WITH THE WAVE said...

Hey there! Come and join us for a BBQ buffet at the beach in Penang this Christmas with watersports activities included! Check out my website at www.runwiththewave.com Experience the waves of Penang! Thanks!

Renie said...

Aww dearie your post made me tear. Love ya lots, Charng. No advice for u aha, but sending out hugs.